Western Horse Program
The 4-H Horse Program is for youth 3rd-12th grade. Each youth is a member of individual clubs that meet throughout the year. As a county, youth come together for spring clinics, horse camp, service projects, fundraisers, summer horse shows, horse achievement and more!
The 4-H Horse program is divided into three age groups:
Junior aged youth (8 – 10 years old)
Intermediate aged youth (11 – 13 years old)
Senior aged youth (14 – 18 years old)
"Register Then Ride"
In order to be eligible to ride, you must be enrolled and activated in 4Honline BEFORE you come to the arena. $10.00 enrollment needs to be paid to become activated.
Remember your $50 Western Horse Program Fee. This will be used to support all county level activities. Before attending our county events please register and pay the $50 program fee through 4-H online or directly to the 4-H Office. What is considered a county event? Anything that is not a club meeting (ie: Halloween Party, Winter Riding, Shows ext). What will this fee cover? Winter Riding Events, Educational Nights, Equipment (poles, eyes, ext), Clinics, Support for camps, End of Year Recognition Night (recognizing all program successes). Please contact the Extension Office with any concerns or questions
Winter Riding: Warm up open to 4-Hers and family from 4-5 p.m. Clinics start at 5:00. Please be on time. We have some amazing horsemen and horsewomen who are donating their time to us. We need to be respectful of that and make sure we come to ready to learn.
Shows & Camp!
Horse Camp TBD (usually in May)
June 9th- 1st Show (register by June 5 @ 5pm)
June 23rd- 2nd Show(register by June 19 @ 5pm)
July 7th - 3rd Show (register by July 3 @ 5pm)
** Registration deadlines include payment**
Region - TBD (Weber Hosting Hosting)
State- TBD in Weber County
- Previous President: Lindsay Scott
- President: Sammi Buhl
- President Elect: Russ Judd/ Jasmine Baker
- Secretary: Brittnee Christennsen
- State Representative: Shiree Clark
- Education Chair: Hindi Wilkinson
- Show Chair: Ruth Beebe
- Horse Ambassador Advisor: Jasmine Baker
What to Study
The tests will be cumulative, building on the 4-Her’s knowledge. This method will better prepare the kids for the State level and increase their knowledge in other contests such as Hippology and Horse Bowl.
2019 Show Results
- Show #1 (2019) - Juniors - Int - Seniors
- Show #2 (2019) - Juniors - Int - Seniors
- Show #3 (2019) - Juniors - Int - Seniors
- REGION TEAM - Junior - Int - Senior
- How to Register as a 4-H Member
- Not Receiving emails? We might not know your project area. Click HERE to learn how to add Western Horse to your 4-H online account.